Sunday, October 26, 2014

Why am I here?

Hi there! Here's a little bit about myself.

My name is Jordan Gray, but most people call me Jo. I'm a junior Family and Consumer Science Education major at Henderson State University. I graduated from Benton High School in 2012. I have three siblings: Josh, Becca, and Taylor. I also have a niece Mystik and nephew Hayden, plus another nephew on the way! My godson, Jaxson, will be arriving in December. These babies mean the world to me, and are part of the reason I would love to become a teacher. My parents, Treasea and Bill, have been together for over 20 years. My dad and I bond over football games and reptiles. My mom is one of the biggest blessings anyone could ever have. She is an amazing woman, and I hope to be just like her. My family and friends are the most important thing to me.
Family at this past Christmas, minus my brother. From left to right: Taylor, Becca, Mystik, me, mom, Hayden, dad.
Josh and I. Go ahead and ignore the weird face I'm making. 
I am one of those sorority girls, but definitely not the partying type that everyone associates with Greek life. When I joined Alpha Sigma Tau, I found a second family, a home away from home. I hadn't found my place on this campus until I met this amazing group of women. I love Greek life, no matter what others think. If you're interested in going Greek, I am more than happy to answer any questions you have!
Homecoming 2014 with my sisters and President Glen Jones!
I have two best friends who have been there for me no matter what. Haley and I have been friends with since the 6th grade, and she made me the godmother of her son. She drives me absolutely crazy, but I know I will always have a friend in her. She and I have been through a lot together. No matter the length of time we don't talk, whether a few days or a few months, we can always pick up where we left off.
Haley looked great in her maternity photos!
My other bestie, Brittany and I have been friends since the 8th grade. I just call her B usually. She's the one who talked me into going to Henderson. She was my first roommate and she's also my pledge sister. Right now, she's off fulfilling her dream of being in the Disney College Program, and I couldn't be more proud of her. This semester has definitely been a harder one with her being away, but I'll have her back in December to continue our college adventures!
Brittany and I 
I only have one pet, a bearded dragon named Reptar. I did have a few snakes as pets too. I guess you could call me a reptile enthusiast. I promise they're not as scary as you think. And no, I've never been bitten by one of my reptiles.

There's very few hobbies I have, which include crafting and fishing (when I have someone to fish with me). Painting is something I kind of fell into when I joined my sorority. I never considered myself to be very artistic, but I've really grown to love crafting and painting. I try to craft anytime I can when I'm free.

Razorback and Reddie football is about the extent of sports for me. Just never been a big fan of other sports. I can sit down and watch a football game, but other sports are just dreadful.
First nationally televised Reddie game!
This blog was started originally because it was a requirement for a class. Heck, I didn't even have any idea on how to create a blog before this class, but I may choose to actually stick with it! My blog will mainly be about my daily life: college, sorority, things I experience, new things I learn to love, etc.

12 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog! I love your blog title! I really like your use of colors into your blog and the use of photos to incorporate readers into your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a big family too! I'm the oldest out of my six siblings and my parents have also been married for over 20 years. It's always good to see that close-knit families still exist! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one! Close-knit families aren't something you can easily find today. I hear so many people talk about how they are so glad they got away from home, but I'm always dying to go back!

      Delete
  3. I love, love, love your blog name! And I especially like the "why am I here?" question because that is a question I find myself asking myself on a fairly normal basis. I am looking forward to reading about the stories about your "sisters" because one of my best friends, Megan, is actually one of your sisters and I always enjoy hearing her stories!
    - Kennedy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I ask that question on a daily basis myself. Megan and I are actually roommates, and she's one of my favorite sisters. She's always so fun and sassy.

      Delete
  4. I can totally relate wit the whole "best friend leaving" situation! My bff since the age of 1 and roomie the first year of college transferred to UAM this year and I miss her so much! but if that's what makes them happy, then you have to be happy for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate that she's so far away, but I couldn't be more proud of her for following her dreams. I'm kind of glad she is far away though because now she can become a little more independent, which is something she struggles with sometimes.

      Delete
  5. Your blog layout is awesome! I love your background. I found the part about your bearded dragon so interesting. You are obviously very devoted to your family and friends, and that's so admirable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Not many people are open to reptiles, but I think more people should be! I know I wasn't at first, but I've come to learn that they're incredible creatures and I love my dragon baby!

      Delete
  6. I love that you posted about what a blessing your mom is to you! I know several people who are very unappreciative of their mothers, and to me, my mom is one of the most important and influential people in my life. She has been a single mom for a long time and has always put my sister and I first. So I really enjoyed that part, among the others! Very interesting blog, and I look forward to seeing your other posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My mom is an amazing woman. No she may not be in it alone, but she definitely is the glue holding our family together. I'm glad someone else has the same appreciation for their mom as me! You always here about daddy's girls, but my mom is my best friend.

      Delete